Our commitment to you, in all we do, is to:
Empower your freedom to create a home that is authentically yours – unique, simple, balanced, and natural. Courageously stand strong, unwavering in our beliefs and efforts to embody the sustainable world you and we envision. Above all else, support your entire wellbeing by inspiring a lifestyle more harmonious with nature.
How we set out to achieve this:
We are dedicated to finding unique, handcrafted products that provide sustainable inspiration while remaining committed to our standards. Every product you’ll find in our store has been created with environmental impact in mind. Further, we are a social and environmental enterprise, so a portion of your purchase translates to social and environmental action.
Recycled • Fair Trade • Upcycled • Reclaimed
Natural • Repurposed • Eco-Friendly • Non-Toxic
Our Sustainable Wood Sourcing Policy
Green Haven Living, LLC has always considered environmental sustainability a critical part of our company’s identity. Simply put, we wish to leave the world in a better state, in which future generations can thrive and enjoy. How we conduct business in the store and with our suppliers is foundational to our impact, hence the creation of our Sustainable Wood Sourcing Policy.
Green Haven Living, LLC is committed to the responsible use of forest resources, including the wood used in our furniture, décor, and artwork. Green Haven Living will therefore work with all suppliers on an ongoing basis to eliminate wood from unacceptable sources and progressively source wood from certified and recycled/ reclaimed sources.
We are continually striving to uphold the following standards:
- Green Haven Living, LLC recognizes the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) as an important tool to promote responsible forest management. We have a preference to source FSC-certified wood furniture when it meets our requirements.
- We also have a preference for suppliers who share our commitment and who will furnish written Chain of Custody information at our request.
- We will continue to prioritize reclaimed, recycled, or salvaged wood over newly harvested timber (even from sustainably-managed sources).
Green Haven Living recognizes the following as unacceptable sources, and we are committed to avoiding wood sourced from them:
- Illegally harvested or traded timber;
- Timber harvested in violation of traditional or civil rights;
- Timber harvested from areas in which high conservation values are threatened by poor forest management;
- Timber harvested from areas being converted from forests to plantations or non-forest use;
- Timber harvested from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted;
Through our Sustainable Wood Sourcing Policy, Green Haven Living LLC seeks to set a positive example for our peers, to educate the public, and to actively do our part to protect the world’s forests.