Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year! As we travel north to celebrate Christmas with family, I am pondering the ways I want to set my family and myself up for an awesome 2018. I have to admit, the whole process is giving me all the good feels!
The trick is…how do I keep the momentum going THROUGHOUT next year? It’s too easy to lose the motivation when we can’t see the forest for the trees. Yes?
Alright. I’ll share my short, but sweet list of resolutions (…and stuff real, busy people can actually accomplish) with you in the hope that it’ll inspire you to do a little pondering too.
Here we go!
1. Maintain Good Health
- Schedule SUMMERTIME annual check-ups and vision appointments for ourselves and the kids (helps when the kids are out of school).
- Download and use a meal planner (like this one).
- Angie: Sign up for a weekly weightlifting class.
- Plan our 2018 Vegetable and Pollinator gardens.
2. Maintain Our Sanity
- Create a tentative 2018 “time off” schedule with Darren, so we have an occasional day off together.
- Finalize plans for the Las Vegas Market trip in January.
- Agree on and pencil in a non-working vacation for July or August.
3. Build Financial Stability
- Modify our budget and spending plan in January.
- Meet with Financial And Tax Advisor in March.
- Angie: Re-align and consolidate investments and retirement funds with my personal values (I chose a company called Aspiration) by the end of March.
4. Enrichment Goals
- Darren: To master his new position (he got promoted! yeah!) and to complete a Data Innovations or Network Plus course by December 2018.
- Evelyn: To continue her training as a pitcher in softball with one-on-one instruction beginning in March.
- Sophia: To enroll in a dance class over the Summer.
- Angie: To complete a Marketing course, a Business Tax course, and to run her first 5k in 19 years!
5. Open Green Haven Living, LLC
- Find the right location for our family business.
- Attend market in January and update inventory plans for an exciting product selection for 2018.
- Modify our “Store Launch Checklist” for 2018.
- Continue networking with fellow merchants and supportive partner organizations throughout the year.
6. Presence and Kindness At the Forefront
- Every month, visit someone we don’t see often enough.
- Angie: Spend more time with my best friend and find more ways to support her business (Allison’s Challah).
- Angie: pay for someone else’s drive-thru order at least once each month.
- Angie: Continue the rotation of lunches and dinners with my beloved BioScrip and Elmer’s colleagues.
- As a Family, choose our charitable cause and donate time and/or money in November.
Looking back, I can’t say I accomplished everything I thought I would in 2017. BUT, I managed to accomplish so much I didn’t know I would accomplish to begin with. We have had a few bumps in the road, but overall, 2017 has been a year in which I can look back with gratitude. I am employed in a temporary role with an employer who is 100% supportive of me and my desire and efforts to start my own business. I’ve managed to lose 30+ lbs since June. My parents are settling nicely into a charming new home, and Darren’s promotion….this list can go on and on.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve got some stuff to load into my calendar. Stay tuned for my late January/early February post highlighting our Winter Market trip. Your feedback will be needed!
Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement in 2017 and beyond! I wish you only the best in 2018!
That’s All, Folks!